Are you looking for a fun and exciting adventure in Malta?
Then make sure to add Comino to your itinerary! This small island is known for its crystal clear waters, breathtaking scenery, and stunning Blue Lagoon. But before you set sail, it’s essential to know how to get there and make the most of your trip.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to get to Comino and explore its best spots. We’ll share all the details you need to know, from the best ferry services to private charters, and everything in between. So, let’s dive in and discover the beauty of Comino!
Taking the Blue Lagoon Ferry to Comino
One of the easiest ways to get to Comino is by taking a ferry from Mgarr Harbour in Gozo. You can choose from several ferry operators that depart every hour and take you to the stunning Blue Lagoon. The ride is approximately 25 minutes, and the ferry will drop you off at the island’s main beach.
The ferry services are reasonably priced, and you can purchase tickets on the spot. However, during peak season, it’s best to book in advance to avoid disappointment. You can also opt for a package deal that includes snorkeling equipment, beach umbrellas, and other amenities.
Private Charters and Boat Rentals
For a more personalized and private experience, you can also rent a boat or book a private charter. This option is perfect for those who want to explore Comino’s hidden gems and avoid the crowds. You can rent a small cabin boat, motorboat, or luxury yacht, depending on your preference and budget.
Most boat rental companies offer different packages that include fuel, skipper, and other amenities. You can choose from a half-day or full-day rental, depending on your schedule and itinerary. Make sure to book in advance, especially during peak season, to secure your spot.
Exploring Comino’s Best Spots
Now that you know how to get to Comino let’s explore the island’s best spots. Comino is a small island, but it’s packed with stunning natural beauty and exciting activities. Here are some of the top spots you shouldn’t miss:
- The Blue Lagoon: This is Comino’s most famous spot, and for a good reason. The Blue Lagoon is a natural pool of crystal clear water that’s perfect for swimming and snorkeling. The lagoon is surrounded by rocky cliffs, and the water is so clear that you can see the seabed.
- Santa Marija Bay: If you’re looking for a quieter spot, head to Santa Marija Bay. This secluded bay is located on the eastern coast of the island and offers a tranquil and peaceful atmosphere. The water here is also crystal clear, and there are several caves and cliffs to explore.
- St. Mary’s Tower: This tower is Comino’s main landmark and is located on the highest point of the island. The tower was built in the 17th century and was used as a watchtower to protect the island from pirates and invaders. Today, the tower is open to visitors, and you can climb to the top for stunning views of the island and the sea.
- The Comino Caves: Comino is also known for its numerous caves and rock formations. The caves are accessible only by boat, and you can explore them on a guided tour. The caves are home to several species of marine life and are perfect for snorkeling and diving.
Tips for a Memorable Comino Experience
To make the most of your trip to Comino, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, as you’ll be walking on rocky terrain
- Be sure to bring sunscreen and a hat, as the sun can be quite strong in Malta.
- Wear comfortable shoes if you plan on taking a walk around the island.
- Bring your own snorkeling gear if you have it, as it can be expensive to rent on the island.
- If you plan on renting a boat, be sure to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
In conclusion, Comino and the Blue Lagoon are a must-visit attraction in Malta. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, swim in crystal clear waters, or explore the surrounding islands, Comino has something for everyone.
With our ferries departing every hour from Mgarr Harbour, getting to Comino is easy and convenient. We hope this article has been helpful in planning your visit to Comino, and we look forward to seeing you soon!